Colour: As Shown (Product color might slightly vary due to photographic lighting sources and/or your monitor settings.)
Material: High Quality Polister
Size: Please check size chart for measurements of each size and select as per growth and build of your child.
About the Costume/Character:
- Mohiniattam or Mohiniyattam is an Indian classical dance form that evolved in the state of Kerala, India, and is counted among the two popular dance arts of the state, the other being Kathakali.
- The theoretical foundation of this dance form like other major classical dance forms of India has its roots in sage Bharat Muni’s text called ‘Natya Shastra’, a Sanskrit Hindu text that deals with performing arts.
- The first complete version of ‘Natya Shastra’ is considered by some sources to have been completed between 200 BCE to 200 CE while some others mention the time frame between 500 BCE and 500 CE.
- It breaks dance into two specific types, the first one being ‘nrittya’ or pure dance that centres around finesse of hand movements and gestures, and the other being ‘nritya’ that features the expressive aspect of dance White is a favorite color of the people basically because of the hot and humid climate.
- Mohiniattam maintains realistic make-up and simple dressing which is very much a characteristic of women from Kerala.
- Ideally this should be the first public performance of an artist.
- So dress your little one in this dance costume to make her understand the beauty of this classical dance form.
Keywords: Mohiniattam , Mohini attam , Mohini yattam, Classical dance , south India , dance forms, dance costumes , Kerala dance forms .